Thursday, May 21, 2009

21 May 2009

It is nice know that life is held in God's hands.
I don't understand people that believe in Arminianism. I realize that people might not want to believe in a God that chooses people to go to Heaven and thus they think that God sends people to Hell, but we know from Paul's letter to the Romans that "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God." We see here that there is no one who can seek or find God. I know that this might seem scary or hopeless or whatever other adjective that speaks of uncertainty, but this is most assuredly the way that I would choose to obtain my salvation. There is no one that I would rather lean my salvation on than God. He holds me and He sustains me and that is how I would like to keep. I've always heard that God saves and I don't know if it can be the other way. Philippians 2:8-9 says "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so no one can boast." This verse clearly stats that it is grace that saves and nothing else can save. No, not even our faith saves us and people don't realize this, but again the verse says, "For it is by GRACE."
Is it the view of God being loving that forces people to believe that God does not choose people? Is it their incomplete knowledge of God's redemptive plan? Or is it people not realizing what the Word of God says? Whatever it is...God chooses those He saves and is just in doing so.
Now, let's just assume the opposite and say that God does not save but man can choose God and in doing so lose God. What happens then? Is it even possible for man to achieve the righteousness required to enter Heaven? I don't know. And let's just assume for an instance that man can gain entrance into Heaven with his own righteousness isn't it equally possible for man to lose his ticket into Heaven.
I've never understood how someone could be so prideful that he would actually think that salvation came from none other than himself.
The Gospel that I believe in says that God knowing that man was depraved sent His own Son, Jesus, to come and be the gap, to bridge God's righteousness to man's fallen-ness. It says that God knowing that man could never get to Him gave His Son, the only sacrifice sufficient enough to cleanse man's sin, so that He can give man entrance into Heaven.
That is the Gospel I believe in.
"...not by works, so no one can boast."

-Johny (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home